Keeping our people safe is our priority
Walkers Transport’s main priority is to ensure there is a safe, clean and productive environment for all its employees, customers and contractors
We maintain our focus on safety by having in place an Environmental and Quality Management System – EQMS. This provides us with a single framework for all Walkers Transport operations and covers all areas including both process safety and environmental performance.
These systems play an integral part in our developing business strategy and have helped strengthen our commitment in all matters Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality related.
Health and Safety policy statement
Walkers Transport is committed to the following Health and Safety policy statement:
- Ensuring, so far as is reasonably practicable the Health, Safety and Welfare of all our employees, visitors and members of the public.
- Regarding the legal Health and Safety requirements as minimum standard and set management objectives that exceed these and commit us to continual improvement.
- Communicating to its employees the importance of operating a safe and healthy working environment at Walkers Transport and their individual responsibilities.
- Establishing a channel for employees to communicate to management regarding the health and safety impact of Walkers Transport operations.
- Providing sufficient resources to control the risk to the health and safety of our employees, visitors and members of the public from Walkers Transport operations.
- Training employees as necessary to accomplish the goals of the Walkers Transport Health and Safety Policy.
- Documenting, maintaining and implementing systems for controlling the risks to health and safety and promoting improvements.
- Establishing a system to measure health and safety performance including periodic review to ensure that this policy remains relevant and appropriate to Walkers Transport Ltd.
Each department, its Managers and Employees are responsible for compliance with this policy and with all applicable laws and legislation.
This Health and Safety Policy Statement is displayed on all notice boards within the company, incorporated into the Employee Handbook and communicated as part of the induction process.